Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Yin & Yang of recipes

I tried a few new recipes this weekend and I’m happy to say

they were all winners!

The first one is “Cha-Cha’s White Chicken Chili” that I found HERE.

IMG_0714

It’s a bit on the spicy side, but I like spicy, so it was a hit here at the house.

I’ll definitely be making it again! I did make one change and subbed a can

of corn for one of the cans of white beans….I doubled the recipe, because

having left-overs and having a night where you can just reheat something

is aces in my book!

To go with it, I also tried these “Cornbread Tamale Bites with Jalapeno Cheese and Bacon”

HERE.

Here are mine before going into the oven….can’t you just see all the

cream cheese goodness?

IMG_0712

Here they are, coming out of the oven….

IMG_0713

Yes Virginia, bacon really DOES make everything better!

These are basically cornbread muffins, topped

with cream cheese, cheese, green onions, jalapeno and bacon.

Serious YUM factor! Now I’m a girl who likes spicy

and when I make them again, I would cut the amount

of jalapenos in half, or if you don’t like spicy, you could

just leave them out altogether….you really have

to try these!

*Note, the muffins stuck to the paper cupcake liners, but not the

foil ones….in the original recipe she uses corn husks which make

them super cute!

So that is the yin and yang of recipes….healthy chicken chili

paired with a decadent muffin…balance my friends!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tammy, your new recipes looks very yummy. I like to try something new and when I find a keeper it usually goes in my favorites.

    I like spicy and medium hot. My daughter and I both grow jalapenos and that about as hot as I want to go.


    Thanks for your sweet comment about James.

    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete