Thursday, April 19, 2012

What I’m obsessed with right now

“Maddie the Coonhound”

She’s traveling around the country with her

owner and every day she is in a new town

and “on” something new……I think she’s a hoot!

Speaking of hounds, I’m getting ready to start a new

rug….well, it’s going to be a pillow….it’s

from a picture that Kenny took of Cleopatra

several years ago.

DSC01054

I then used some software to enhance

it a bit….or would this be DE-hanced?

Anyway….I’ve always wanted to hook

a piece that looked a bit like knife

palette painting….those big chunky strokes!

Next, I blew that up to a size that I could

print out on my printer and then drew over

the obvious parts where the colors

changed….

cleoscan

Next, I took it to Kinko’s and had them

enlarge it to a 16 x 16 size……

IMG_5082

I’ll take pictures of the rest of the process

this evening and share them with you soon.

ANYTHING to get folks to start hooking more

original work….I wanna see NEW, I wanna see

original! If this will help just one person make the

jump, it will be worth it!

Just wondering if anyone else is tired of seeing the

same patterns hooked over and over or is it just me?

Am I getting a bit jaded after hooking 10+ years?

I started by hooking other people’s patterns as well, but

now that just doesn’t satisfy me…..what are your thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. That is going to be a great rug, I can tell.

    I love that type of painting anyway. Something like I saw on Dulcy's mantel on her blog and on Kathryn Glover's painting blog. It has a more relaxed feel to it. I love it. JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great rug this is going to be...can't wait to see the next step. Love the idea of original and out of the box.
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got such talent! Can't wait to see how this one turns out. Beautiful I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy - I agree, love to see original stuff. I'm just prepping a portrait to hook as well, and can't figure out how to polarize the image, to get it chunky. Can you tell me what software you used and what steps you took? If you remember that it.
    thanks, allyson
    amarcolini at rocket mail dot com

    ReplyDelete