Monday, April 23, 2012

A Walk in the Woods

Basically, we live right in the middle of town.

However, there is a little wooded area off the main

road that has not been developed.

We try to take the dogs through there once a week on

their walk.

IMG_0702

We have to climb over logs and make

our way through vines….

IMG_0703

It’s quite an adventure for all of us!

IMG_0704

The dogs are always on the lookout for

wildlife….

IMG_0706

It’s especially challenging for Cleopatra, with her

short little legs, but she loves it!

IMG_0708

When we come out of the woods, we come into a

large clearing…if you look straight ahead, just beyond

the trees you would see the main road and the fire

station.

IMG_0709

I was excited to see some redbud pods when we

went through the woods this weekend.  Even though

I have the redbud pods featured in my last rug

HERE, I have never seen them hanging on a redbud

tree until Sunday.

IMG_0710

Now, my funny for the day….on the way to the woods we

saw this on a street sign….

IMG_0701

Do you think that was intentional?

Well, it did make us laugh and take

a picture!

4 comments:

  1. thanks for taking me on your walk!
    I enjoyed the greenery & puppies...but, I have to say, the 'balloon art' made me spit out my tea with a hearty laugh!
    yeah...I think it was intentional...but I'm happy you shared it! BWAHAHAhahaha!!!!

    Blessed be!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the balloon "sculpture".
    Ha ha!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cleopatre is so.........cute.The green grass and nature is so beautiful.The unspoken emotion of your dog is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, well...makes you wonder doesn't it! Looks like a great place to walk for sure. Bet the dogs loves getting to sniff all that stuff along the path.

    ReplyDelete