Sunday, April 29, 2012

The eyes have it

IMG_0729

I always have my best luck when I hook in the eyes

of an animal first….I think it sets the tone for the

rest of the piece.

IMG_0730

Cleopatra is coming along nicely….this is one of those

pieces where I have to be in the right frame of mind

to tediously pick colors and place them in just the

right spot.

I’m trying to work from my current “stash” of wool,

so I’m going more for value than absolute color

match.

IMG_0731

I’ve had several people ask me what “cut” I’m

using…..well, that would be hand-cut….yes, I’ve

gotten to where I love custom cutting each piece

of wool…..is that crazy?!

IMG_0728

9 comments:

  1. Very cool! Hand cutting ~ wow.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy,
    Nothing is crazy when it is such a labor of love. This will be a spectacular piece. Wouldn't expect any less of you.
    It's lovely..............keep cutting, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be beautiful. can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The expression in the eye is incredible. I love what you are doing with your hand cut pieces. Marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recognize ms Cleo for sure! Can't wait for you to get the green worked in!

    do
    Dulcy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky Cleo to have a mom who can capture her soul on a piece of burlap. The eyes have it!! Can't wait to see the progress.

    ReplyDelete